Alaska Assistance Dogs is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded by Carole Shay in 2001.
- Carole Shay is a licensed Clinical Therapist.
- She is also a Certified Service Dog Trainer and focuses on out-of-the box teen and child therapy.
- Dodd Shay is a Certified Service Dog Trainer.
- He and Carole have trained and placed many service dogs in Alaska for the past 13 years.
- Training to become a Service Dog Trainer was received at Bergin University of Canine Studies or Assistance Dog Institute.